Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Advertise with us

Radio DJ dies in Christmas morning house fire

From staff reports
Dec. 26, 2011 at 11 p.m.

A longtime radio station disc jockey died in a Christmas morning fire at his northwest Kilgore home.

Tyler station 96X reported on its website and Facebook page Monday that Allen McGee was killed in the house fire. According to authorities, McGee was asleep in a home in the 3600 block of Sycamore Road when a blaze erupted shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday.

A Kilgore emergency dispatcher said Monday that further information on the fire might not be available until Tuesday, as officials have ordered an autopsy.

"Allen was a good friend and one of the best on-air personalities we have ever had the opportunity to know," according to statement at 96xrocks.com. "It's not often that we, as radio people, are left speechless. Today we are. Nothing can put into words our shock and sadness at the loss of such a talent – and friend – especially on Christmas Day. Our thoughts and prayers are will Allen's family – especially his kids."



Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia