Friday, March 27, 2015




Advertise with us

Electrical fire displaces Longview family

From Staff Reports
June 19, 2011 at 10 p.m.


A Longview family was displaced from their home Saturday night after a house fire that started in the attic of their home.

According to Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary, firefighters were dispatched to the home around 8:30 p.m. in the 1700 block of Buccaneer Drive.

The fire was extinguished in about 20 minutes.

Zackary said when firefighters arrived, heavy flames and smoke were pouring out of the attic of the residence.

Fire investigators determined the fire started from an electrical issue that occurred in the attic.

About $20,000 worth of damage was caused to the home, and the family was displaced, he said.

No injuries were reported, he said.

SHARE

Comments

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia