Monday, August 31, 2015




Advertise with us

Longview man escapes late night apartment fire

From Staff Reports
Nov. 30, 2011 at 9:36 p.m.


A South Longview man escaped a blaze late Wednesday that totaled the two-apartment duplex he moved in to Monday.

Longview Fire Investigator Jimmy Purcell said Michael Taylor suffered only a minor burn and refused treatment following a structure fire in the 200 block of East Culver Street. Firefighters responded to the fire at 11:59 p.m.

Two tenants lived in the duplex; one upstairs, and Taylor downstairs. The upstairs tenant was not home at the time of the fire, Purcell said.

"(Taylor) woke up to the smell of smoke and was able to get ouf of the house," said Purcell, adding that a gas heater likely caused the blaze. "The only thing he was worried about (when firefighters arrived) was if he would be in trouble. He should be thankful he woke up."

Taylor is living with a relative who he as staying with until Monday, when he moved into the Culver Street apartment, Purcell said.

Firefighters had the blaze under control before 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.

SHARE

Comments

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia