Monday, May 25, 2015




Advertise with us

No injuries in morning Longview fire

From Staff Reports
Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:18 a.m.


No one was injured in a morning fire at a Longview residence that fire department officials said was caused by an overheated Xbox.

Longview firefighters were dispatched at about 7:15 a.m. Thursday to the 1100 block of Lilac Drive after renter Angela Bridges said her children were getting ready for school and she woke up and smelled smoke.

Bridges said her smoke alarms started going off, and she called 911.

Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary said investigators determined that the fire started in an upstairs bedroom closet where an Xbox was sitting in a pile of clothes.

"Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it entered the attic space, but it gutted the closet and there was smoke damage throughout the second floor of the townhome," Zackary said.

Zackary said no injuries were reported with the fire, but the woman and her 16-year-old son were displaced.

Bridges said she was glad no one was hurt.

"I just got out of surgery yesterday," she said, "So, I'm nice to judge be standing up.

SHARE

Comments

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia