Saturday, April 25, 2015




Advertise with us

Eletric heater blamed for morning house fire in Longview

From Staff Reports
Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:08 a.m.


An electric heater too close to a bed is being blamed for a morning fire that severely damaged a Longview home.

Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary said the fire, which started just before 8 a.m. in the 2200 block of 13<sup>th</sup> Street, started in the bedroom.

Two adults had left to take a 12-year-old child to school, and the fire started in their absence.

Zackary said between 25 and 30 percent of the home was damaged by fire. There was smoke damage throughout.

The home had smoke alarms, but no one was home when the fire began to hear them.

The American Red Cross has been contacted to assist the residents.

SHARE

Comments

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia