Longview Fire Department officials are blaming an electrical malfunction for a fire that displaced a family late Sunday afternoon.
A woman and two children were home when the fire ignited, but no injuries were reported, Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary said.
The fire was reported about 4:45 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Wain Drive.
When crews arrived, the fire had consumed about 50 percent of the home, destroying two bedrooms and a closet, he said.
He said the fire was still under investigation, but “the investigation is leaning toward an electrical issue near the breaker box.”
He said firefighters also rescued two animals.