Welcome!
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard
Charm Classifieds Cars Homes Jobs

LFD: Electrical issue cause of house fire

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, October 3, 2011 4:00 am | Updated: 7:10 am, Mon Oct 3, 2011.

Longview Fire Department officials are blaming an electrical malfunction for a fire that displaced a family late Sunday afternoon.

A woman and two children were home when the fire ignited, but no injuries were reported, Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary said.

The fire was reported about 4:45 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Wain Drive.

When crews arrived, the fire had consumed about 50 percent of the home, destroying two bedrooms and a closet, he said.

He said the fire was still under investigation, but “the investigation is leaning toward an electrical issue near the breaker box.”

He said firefighters also rescued two animals.

  • Discuss