~Mr. & Mrs. Shattuck~
Jack B. Shattuck and Esther Schmitz were married on December 30, 1967, in St. Benedict, Kansas and this year will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.
They are parents of four children: Michele Paul and Dana Scherer of Alexandria, LA, Gina Gandy of Tyler, TX and Jack Shattuck, III of Lewisville, TX. Their eight grandchildren are: Lillie and Lydia Paul, Jake, Cade and Christina Scherer, Cole and Jace Gandy and Willow Shattuck.
Jack retired from American Eagle Airlines after 34 years where he worked as a pilot and later in airline management in Dallas. Esther is retiring from Community Healthcore after 38 years of accounting service in the administration office in Longview.
They have been White Oak residents for almost 40 years and plan to enjoy their golden years bass fishing, traveling and spending time with family and friends. Their anniversary was celebrated with a family dinner.
- 'Like a bad dream': Family remembers youngest person in Gregg County to die from COVID-19
- Three men face prosecution for gang-related shooting incident in Longview
- Construction on new Starbucks in Longview to start soon
- Longview mayor warns: COVID-19 cases will spike as schools reopen
- Rep. Gohmert's daughter warns him not to ignore COVID experts, stop following the president
- Two-vehicle crash near Gladewater kills 2 people
- SWEPCO disconnecting service for businesses for nonpayment; residential shutoffs to start Sept. 1
- Arson suspect committed for treatment in state hospital for up to year
- Longview hospitals say they're meeting COVID-19 demand, expect another surge
- Wife speaks out after wild Texas obituary
Which concept should the city use for an entryway monument in South Longview?