From left, Esther Tividad, Jeannine McMahon, Reeda Taylor, Diann Bennett, Connie Hagen, Jane Ball, Barbara White, Barbara Cavin, Suzan Lanclos and Kandy Wharton recently teamed up to finish third at the USTA 65 & Over Invitational in Orlando, Florida. The team, which has been playing together for five years, represented the Northeast Region at the event. They qualified for the event by winning the U.S. Tennis Association Texas Division for 65 & Over in early November in New Braunfels.
Get news sent to you!
Sign up to get our newsletters emailed to you.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Longview presentation shows how quilts served as 'Morse code' for slaves seeking freedom
- Driver rescued from flood; Lake Gladewater closed; flooding closes some roads, parks in Longview, Gregg County
- DPS: Teens racing on Loop 281 clocked at speeds reaching 91 mph
- Wrecks down, citations up since Longview pulled plug on red light cameras
- Editorial: Longview ISD board must regain control quickly
- Longview police spokeswoman Kristie Brian to retire Feb. 21
- Moore: Dilapidated Longview eyesores on path to demolition
- Three-year-old dies in Upshur County crash
- Longview ISD superintendent created nonprofit to possibly take over campuses
- Dallas homebuilder applies to increase supply of duplexes in Longview