Heavy rains early Monday caused flooding in some low-lying spots in downtown Longview leading to at least a couple of water-rescue calls. The precipitation also caused the National Weather Service to issue a flash flood warning for Gregg County and some surrounding areas.
Michael Cavazos is a multimedia journalist specializing in photography. A Kilgore native, he studied photography at Kilgore College and Stephen F. Austin State University. Michael enjoys visually documenting life in East Texas.
As featured on
- Longview-Kilgore Cable experiencing citywide outage
- 'I'm not giving up': 15 years after daughter's disappearance in Longview, Tyler woman still looking
- Longview restaurant a family affair for father, son employees
- McDonald's on Estes Parkway in Longview plans move to new, larger building
- Community spread of COVID-19 in Gregg, Smith counties rises significantly
- 14th annual East Texas Preseason Dream Team loaded with stars from the region
- Best of East Texas 2021: The votes are in
- NET Health reports 'substantial' spread of COVID-19 for nearly all of East Texas
- Business Beat: New ownership, expansion for car wash
- Tatum 10-year-old girl qualifies to compete in long jump at AAU Junior Olympics