Our letters policy
We welcome letters on topics of general interest. For purposes of verification, the writer's name, home address and telephone number must be included. The address and phone number will not be published, but the writer's name will not be withheld from publication. When workplace policies allow, it is helpful to include a work telephone number as well.
The guidelines are simple:
- Limit letters to one topic.
- Limit letters to 200 words or less.
- Focus on issues, not personalities.
- We do not publish anonymous letters.
- We do not publish letters involving individual disputes or business disputes.
- We reserve the right to edit letters for accuracy, grammar, spelling and length.
- Individuals are limited to publication of one letter every three weeks.