Saturday, October 21, 2017

Advertise with us

Documents show murder suspect's tale from deadly night

By Richard Yeakley
July 10, 2013 at 1:15 p.m.

A court order filed Wednesday in a 2012 Longview capital murder case contained the murder suspect's alibi for the night his ex-wife and stepdaughter were shot and killed inside their Pine Tree duplex.

Joushal (Joshua) O'Steven Reese, now 32, told investigators that on Oct. 10 he was being followed by two men who he believes killed his ex-wife, La Toya Nicole Reese, 28, and 11-year-old step-daughter, Mya Rosetta Nichol Sebron, according to the application for court order.

Reese died from a gunshot wound to the head; her daughter suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso, according to an autopsy report. Investigators said there was no evidence of forced entry.

Joushal and La Toya Reese divorced on Aug. 28. Neighbors said La Toya Reese and her daughter moved into the duplex about a month before their deaths.

Joushal Reese was arrested two days after the bodies were discovered on charges of burglary of a habitation.

In December, he was indicted for and charged with capital murder of multiple persons.

In documents filed Wednesday in 188th District Court, prosecutors asked the court to order Verizon Wireless to turn over phone records of one of the two men whom Reese said was shadowing him that night.

The request asks for "all incoming and outgoing calls and text messages, subscriber information and cell site location" for one of the men's telephones from between Oct. 9 and Oct. 13 to help determine if Reese's alibi holds water.

"Mr. Reese was interviewed and claims that he was followed to (the home) by (two men) because they had lent him money to steal vehicles and he had not returned the money nor stolen the vehicles," the application for court order filed by Assistant District Attorney Tanya Reed said.

For more on this story, pick up tomorrow's Longview News-Journal.



Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia