Harvey donation site at St. Matthew's in Longview to close today
By Staff Reports
Aug. 31, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
Updated Aug. 31, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
The effort was begun by State Rep. Jay Dean and others as the relief effort grew along with flood waters in Southeast Texas.
Clothing donations are no longer needed, but the site will continue to accept donations until 5:30 p.m. at the church’s Pope John Paul II Family Center at 2904 Arrow Lane, off Pine Tree and Dundee roads.
Items still being accepted are:
- Bottled Water
- Toiletries (i.e. shampoo, soap, toothpaste, deodorant)
- Towels, Bedding, Blankets
- Storage Tubs & Totes: 25/30/35 Gallon
- Trash Bags
- Hand Sanitizers
- Box Fans
- Paper Towels
- Plastic ware
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Canned Goods & Non-perishable food items (snacks, chips, cereals, cookies etc.)
- Manual Can Openers