Skip the Flowers and Chocolate This Valentine's Day -- Here's The Gift You Should Be Giving
Feb. 9, 2017 at midnight
Considering giving the gift of flowers this Valentine's Day? Remember, they don't last long. Candy in your gift-giving repertoire? Er, keep in mind that many of us made a recent New Year's resolution to be healthier. Cards? Appreciated, certainly, but a bit sparse and easily tucked away. Instead, why not give a gift that will have longer lasting effects.
I always like to contribute to the health and wellness of those around me by providing a gift certificate for a massage or facial. Massages and facials are a great way to bring rejuvenation, pain relief, and improved mental health to the special people in your life. Although many of us view these treatments as a frivolous indulgence, their health benefits have been proven over and over. In fact, the American Massage Therapy Association reports that 78 percent of people get massages for medical reasons. Likewise, 88 percent of people view massage as beneficial to overall health and wellness.
Still not convinced this is the ideal gift for your Valentine? Consider these astonishing facts about massage:
- Massage prompts delta waves, which is an essential part of sleeping and dreaming;
- Massage increases feel-good hormones, including serotonin, oxytocin, and dopamine, all of which can lead to increased feelings of relaxation;
- Massage significantly lowers the levels of cortisol (the stress hormone), thereby allowing your body to focus on healing and growth;
- Massage decreases symptoms of cancer treatment, including nausea, stress, and fatigue;
- Massage reduces the amount of pain associated with numerous health conditions, including fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Whether you're trying to find the perfect treasure for your sweetheart, parent, friend, or employee, a gift card for massage or facial is always an appreciated treat.
Massage Envy of Longview has a great gift card for you to gift your Valentine with this year. When you buy $100 in gift cards, receive $25 free; when you buy $150 in gift cards, receive $50 free. Pamper the people in your life that you love and contribute to their health and wellness journey in the process! It’s a great deal and everyone loves a little ME time. To take advantage of this great offer visit your local Massage Envy at 3088 N Eastman Rd, Ste. 100, in the Target Shopping Center or call us at 903-663-2600 to schedule your massage today.