Texas Supreme Court Longview visit live stream
By Staff Reports
Feb. 16, 2017 at 7:28 a.m.
Updated Feb. 16, 2017 at 1:15 p.m.
As Justice Jeffrey S. Boyd this afternoon gives a free, public address in the Belcher Center auditorium titled "God, the Courts, and the Law," that session will be streamed live starting at about 1:30 p.m. here:
Texas Supreme Court visit schedule
- 8 a.m.: Belcher Center doors open for general public.
- 9 a.m.: Oral arguments begin in Belcher Center. The event will be live-streamed at http://www.news-journal.com/court and at https://www.texasbar.com.
- 10:55 a.m.: Question-and-answer session with the court in the Belcher Center.
- 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Legal Career Fair in Belcher Grand Lobby will provide the attending public, including high school and college-age students, the opportunity to learn more about pursuing a legal career.
- 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Attending high school and college students will have the opportunity to hear from Justice John Phillip Devine and Justice Don R. Willett in half-hour sessions about pursuing a legal career in Texas.
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Justice Jeffrey S. Boyd will give a free, public address in the Belcher Center auditorium titled "God, the Courts, and the Law." As a Supreme Court justice and ordained minister, Justice Boyd will be speaking on the relationship between faith, law, and civic engagement.