MARSHALL — A Harrison County grand jury has indicted two men on a charge of murder in unrelated cases.
Billy Ray Marsh of Longview was indicted in the March 29 death of his wife, Key’Ocea Marsh, 40. According to the indictment, Marsh, 46, killed his wife by hitting her multiple times in the head with a hammer.
Officers learned about the incident when Marsh came to the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office around 7 a.m. that day to speak to investigators, an arrest report shows. He was escorted to Lt. Floyd Duncan’s office where reports say Marsh admitted killing his wife.
“I asked Mr. Marsh what he needed to speak with me about. Marsh stated that he believes he just killed his wife,” Duncan wrote in his arrest report.
Duncan ended the conversation at that point and escorted Marsh to the Criminal Investigation Division Office’s interview room for a recorded interview and a reading of Marsh’s Miranda rights.
Waiving his Miranda rights, Marsh told police that he used a claw hammer, striking his wife about five times in the head, as she lay in their bed inside their home in the 3300 block of Lansing Switch Road.
Deputies went to the location and found a deceased woman on the bed. Marsh was arrested and booked into the Harrison County Jail on a charge of murder.
Pct. 3 Justice of the Peace Mike Smith pronounced Key’Ocea Marsh dead at the scene and ordered an autopsy.
In an unrelated incident, Richard Blayne Anderson, 23, of Beckville, also was indicted on a murder charge in connection with the Easter Sunday 2018 homicide of Stacey Keith Carr.
According to the indictment, Anderson shot and killed Carr, 25, of Beckville on early in the morning on April 1, 2018, at the Sabine River Rats ATV Park in Marshall. A witness told Harrison County Sheriff’s deputies the shooting occurred after Carr accused Anderson of assaulting Carr’s ex-girlfriend.
“During interviews with a witness, it was discovered that approximately three hours earlier in the evening, there had been an alleged assault on the ex-girlfriend of Stacey Carr, the victim, by Anderson,” a written statement at the time said. “The alleged suspect then retrieved a pistol and allegedly shot the victim multiple times during the fight.”
A .40-caliber pistol was recovered at the scene.
Others indicted were:
- Dominic Xavier Sneed, 32, Marshall, possession of a controlled substance;
- Joe Estin Brumble, 57, Hallsville, possession of a controlled substance;
- Kamesha LaFaye Miles, 28, Marshall, manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance;
- Avis Delynn Jones, 34, Marshall, three counts of manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance;
- Carlos Deon Brown, 45, Waskom, driving while intoxicated third or more offense;
- Pedro Aguilar Jr., 30, Henderson, driving while intoxicated third or more offense;
- Nikishama Lamae Woodkins, 22, Marshall, evading arrest/detention with a vehicle;
- Jerry Dean Wilson, 60, Newport New, Virginia, evading arrest/detention with a vehicle;
- Elexus Kieara Boyd, 22, Longview, theft of property less than $2,500, two or more previous convictions;
- Gavin Douglas McKinley, 26, Marshall, theft of property less than $2,500, two or more previous convictions;
- Derrick Beron McCowan, 35, Marshall, two counts of burglary of a habitation with intent to commit other felony;
- Daniel Ramirez, 27, Marshall, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon;
- Amanda Dawn Finerty-Turner, 26, Marshall, abandoning or endangering a child with criminal negligence.