Children across East Texas are getting glimpses of Santa at holiday festivities and posing for timeless photos with the man in the red suit, as they did Wednesday afternoon at a community Christmas event and tree-lighting at Christus Good Shepherd Medical Center-Longview.
Opportunities to celebrate the Yuletide season and maybe get a chance to chat with the Jolly Ol’ Elf himself continue almost daily.
Here are a few of the upcoming Christmas events in East Texas:
- Yulefest: Activities throughout the day Saturday, downtown Gilmer. Information: gilmerareachamber.com.
- Jefferson Candlelight Tour of Homes: Tonight, Friday, Saturday and Dec. 6-8. Information: jefferson candlelight.com.
- Pancakes with Santa: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, First United Methodist Church Faith Center, Green and Whaley streets, Longview. Free. Information: Facebook.
- Living History Christmas: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Gregg County Historical Museum, 214 N. Fredonia St., Longview. Information: gregghistorical.org.
- Gingerbread Bash: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Longview World of Wonders, 112 E. Tyler St., Longview. Information: longviewwow.org.
- All American Christmas in the All American City — A Family Night at the Michelson; 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 6, Michelson Museum of Art, 216 N. Bolivar St., Marshall. Information: (903) 935-9480.
- Adult Crafts — Peppermint Topiaries: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 8, Longview Public Library, 222 W. Cotton St. Free but registration required. Information: (903) 237-1350.
- Gregg County Christmas at the Courthouse: 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 8, 101 E. Methvin, Longview. Free.