A look back on last week's public safety coverage across East Texas
A Smith County constable has been arrested and indicted on a second prostitution charge.
A Gilmer man was killed after becoming trapped in-between his truck and a gate near his property, according to the Upshur County Sheriff’s Office.
The Texas Attorney General’s Office says it might take legal action against Longview ISD if the district doesn’t rescind or stop enforcing its…
A trial date has been set for a county commissioner and three other people charged in a Gregg County vote-harvesting scheme, according to 124t…
For almost 20 years, Highland Pines Nursing and Rehab in Longview has honored area first responders with a breakfast in remembrance of the Sep…
The Women’s Center of East Texas shelter in Longview is expected to reopen this month after a monthslong closure for renovations following Feb…
A Kilgore man pleaded guilty Wednesday to two charges of intoxication assault related to a drunken driving crash in October 2019.
Longview’s National Night Out Kickoff on Tuesday evening may have looked different from previous years, but it didn’t discourage residents fro…
Fatal wrecks on Texas 31 between Kilgore and Tyler have increased this year after several years of fewer deaths on the road long known as "Bloody 31," and a state project that could prevent them is years away and unfunded.
Courtney Stern is a public safety reporter covering a wide range of topics. She grew up in Baltimore and later earned a journalism degree from the University of Miami. Stern moved to East Texas from Iowa with her husband and two dogs, Pebbles and Bam Bam.
- Walmart on Fourth Street in Longview closed until Friday morning
- PHOTOS: Longview High School student named Miss Gregg County
- East Texas constable gets jail time, removed from office
- New Starbucks proceeding on Estes Parkway in Longview
- Business Beat: Superior Outfitters in Longview to move
- Police: Man attempts to rob Gilmer bank, stays inside after receiving more than $16,000 before arrest
- Three men indicted in Longview gas station robbery set for October court appearance
- Longview woman gets deferred judgment in connection to 2018 death of child
- Couple brings pizza franchise to Longview area
- Texas Comptroller: We might have money for you