It was a special day for two Tyler veterans who were honored with a personal delivery of a handcrafted cane from Canes for Veterans Central Texas.
Ardene Hendley, a 96-year-old World War II veteran, and Bobby Tillery, a 90-year-old Korean War veteran, were the two recipients at the small gathering Saturday afternoon.
As featured on
Get news sent to you!
Sign up to get our newsletters emailed to you.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Two adults, two children killed in Texas 31 wreck between Kilgore, Tyler
- East Texas high school graduate profiles: Pine Tree senior overcomes loss, illness in family
- Longview woman jailed in fatal shooting during 'argument that turned physical'
- Pine Tree ISD updates teacher pay scale, boosts salaries
- LFD: UPS driver broke down door of burning Longview home, rescued resident
- Shreveport man arrested after hours-long standoff on I-20 in Harrison County
- 'A new adventure:' Gregg County Human Resources Director moves on after 43 years of service
- Regal reopens Longview movie theater starting today
- East Texas athletes, coaches honored with Best Preps awards
- Strong named boys hoops coach at Spring Hill