A fire apparently caused by an electrical issue damaged a vacant home early Tuesday in the 4800 block of West Loop 281, Longview Fire Marshal Kevin May said.

May said the department responded at 12:10 a.m. to find a fire in the attic in the wood-frame house, and extinguished it without anyone being injured.

He said the fire is believed to have started near or around the electrical panel.

The fire department sent three fire engines, two ladder trucks, one ambulance and four support vehicles for a total of 21 people, May said.