LONGVIEW, TEXAS — Clarene Armstrong was born Aug. 11, 1940 and lost her battle with Corona Virus on May 15, 2020. Born in Ore City, to Lois Adkins and E.H. Armstrong, she resided there for several years before moving to Lufkin, then returning to the Longview area where she resided for the remainder of her years. She touched so many lives during her time on this earth, including all the special care-takers she had during her life. She is forever loved and will be forever in the hearts of her friends left to cherish her memory.
We wish to express heartfelt gratitude to the many special, hard-working caregivers in her life, including the staff of the nursing home where she resided for several years.
Arrangements are under the direction of Welch Funeral home. A memorial will be planned at a later date.
Get news sent to you!
Sign up to get our newsletters emailed to you.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- COVID-19 cases continue to surge in Titus County
- Hallsville man arrested in Upshur County mailbox thefts; bond set at $750,000
- New businesses inject more energy into downtown Longview
- East Texas Food Bank to return to Longview for free distribution
- Longview records fifth virus-related death as Texans gather to celebrate holiday
- 11 confirmed cases so far from mobile testing in Longview; ET case count continues rise
- Gregg County reports another COVID-19 death, total now 5
- East Texas coronavirus cases top 2,400 with increase of 54 on Friday
- Police: Young girls, grandmother attacked in home invasion
- Partial results from mobile testing in Gregg County show 11 cases of COVID-19