LONGVIEW — Jack Greer, 80 of Longview passed into the arms of the Lord in the early morning of September 30, 2021. He was born in March 18, 1941 in Collison, IL to parents Emeral and Mary Greer.
Jack was highly involved in golf and bowling, but had a love for softball, getting inducted into the USSSA Softball Hall of Fame. He worked as a coil manufacturer and helped start multiple coil manufacturing business.
Jack was preceded in death by his parents, Emeral and Mary Greer; his wife Wanda Greer; sister Judy Ewing and brother Bryan Greer. Those left to cherish their memory of Jack include his children Lori Reynolds and her husband Mickey, Ron Greer and his wife Susan, Tyler Greer, and Trinity Greer and his wife Jennifer; 7 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. Jack will also be remembered by his numerous nieces, nephews, extended family and friends.
- Longview resident wins $1 million prize on scratch-off ticket
- Former teacher charged with online solicitation of minor opts for bench trial in Gregg County
- 'We got justice for Kim': Longview man sentenced to life in prison for killing a woman in 2019
- Agreement between city of Longview, Good Shepherd will build Spring Hill Road extension
- PHOTOS: Queen's coronation kicks off East Texas Yamboree in Gilmer
- Longview man sentenced to 55 years in prison for convenience store shooting
- Man booked on murder charge after fatal shooting in Henderson
- Federal grand jury indicts woman accused of trafficking 24 people through East Texas
- Tax credits to bring new Longview senior housing project, apartment complex overhaul
- Business Beat: Drive-thru coffee shop proceeds