Joan Therese Armstrong
LONGVIEW — Joan Therese Armstrong entered God’s loving arms on September 20, 2020, after a brief, but devastating, illness.
She was born June 10, 1938, in Framingham, Massachusetts, to John and Agnes (Keefe) Benjamin. Her parents preceded her in death as did her son, Matthew Post; and four of her siblings.
She is survived by her loving husband, Donald Armstrong; sister, Betty Vincent-Mahar; daughter, Robin and Scott Glasgow; granddaughter, Stephanie and Brandon Terry with great-grandsons, Cooper and Coleson; step-daughters, Kristi McLean, Mary Lowrey, and Fabel and Greg Konicke, another seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren; many nieces, nephews, extended family, and friends.
Joan was an amazingly loving and kind lady who always had an uplifting word for everyone. Her brilliant smile and laugh will be missed by so many.
A memorial celebration of Joan’s life will be held in Oregon, at a later date.
Get news sent to you!
Sign up to get our newsletters emailed to you.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Ex-Longview teacher indicted in Harrison County on child sex assault charges
- Fire marshal: Person found dead after Longview house fire
- UPDATE: Two runaway teens found, returned to Heartlight Ministries
- Second lawsuit filed against Longview doctor charged with child sex assault
- Construction of Hawkins Parkway traffic signal to begin in January
- Longview City Council OKs $23.8M construction contract for new police department
- Longview family rallies around 3-year-old with rare, fatal genetic condition
- Election 2020: East Texas early voting times and locations
- Bargain Box leaves mark on Longview, beyond
- Police investigating fatal rollover wreck in Longview