Rickey Gene Armitage
KARNACK, TEXAS — Graveside services for Rickey Gene Armitage, 64, of Karnack will be 11:00 am, Friday, September 18, 2020 at Union Grove Cemetery in Troup, Texas with Reverend Billy Ray Ferguson officiating. Mr. Armitage passed away on Monday, September 14, 2019 in Longview after a lengthy illness.
Rickey was born June 22, 1956 in Tyler, Texas to Merlin and Dorothy Armitage. Mr. Armitage was a longtime resident of Karnack, Texas and a proud member of “IBEW”. Rickey was an avid fisherman, hunter and loved boat riding on the Little Cypress Bayou with his beloved dog “Buck”. He will be missed by all that knew him.
Rickey was preceded in death by his mother, Dorothy Armitage in 2019 and sister, Suzanne Armitage.
Mr. Armitage is survived by his father, Merlin Armitage & wife Susan of San Antonio; Roger Dale McMillan and wife Cheryl of Tatum and Mark Armitage and wife Missy of Winona, Texas and numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and longtime friends, Wayne Farris, Johnny Crossland and Jimmy Carter.
The family will receive friends at Rader Funeral Home in Kilgore Thursday evening between 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Get news sent to you!
Sign up to get our newsletters emailed to you.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- ET Football: Lobo, Texas High scrimmage ends with brawl
- 'I'm gonna do another 100 years': East Texas WWII veteran celebrates a century
- City of Longview will stop paying for Hospitality Health ER visits
- Second man charged in Longview kidnapping
- Stallard: I'm thankful George proved me wrong
- Marshall woman charged with murder after 911 call to report she shot separated boyfriend
- Starbucks project breaks ground at busy Longview intersection
- Gov. Greg Abbott loosens coronavirus restrictions for restaurants and other businesses in most regions of Texas
- Longview man guilty of child porn possession
- “We don’t want anyone else to die alone”: Caregivers group posts signs in Kilgore to raise awareness