Ronald Francis Davis
TYLER — Ronald Francis Davis, better known to most as “Coach”, was born in Monroe, Louisiana on May 6, 1953. He moved to Texas at a young age, where he graduated from Longview High School in 1971 and went on to play football at the University of Houston and then on to obtain a master’s degree in Education from Stephen F. Austin State University. Ronnie spent three years as teacher and coach at Kilgore ISD, and 28 years at Pine Tree ISD, inspiring and encouraging both students and coworkers along the way. After retirement (which didn’t last long!), he found a new career path he loved, as a landman, working for various brokers across the state. He lost his battle with pancreatic cancer on October 23, 2020, at his favorite place, his home near Lake Palestine in Flint, Texas.
To say Ronnie never met a stranger would be an understatement. He was always warm and welcoming, making any person he met feel at ease. He never was at a loss for words of encouragement for others. He lived to laugh and watch his family and friends be happy. Ronnie loved so hard and unconditionally and was so loved by so, so many.
Ronnie was predeceased by his parents, Russell Davis and Charlene Davis, and brother, Michael Davis. He is survived by his loving wife of 45 years, Leeanne Bown Davis, daughter, Corey Morris and husband, Todd Morris, son, Zach Davis and wife, Kelli Davis, and grandchildren, Carter Davis and Josh Davis. He is also survived by his best friend and brother, Chuck Davis and wife, June Davis, as well as numerous aunts, uncles and cousins, and more than a lifetime worth of friends.
A Memorial and Celebration of Life will take place at the Summit Club in Longview, Texas, at 3:30 in the afternoon, on May 6, 2021, on what would have been his 68th birthday. There will be a reception to celebrate Ronnie’s life to follow from 4:00 to 6:00 PM.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to the American Cancer Society, Pets Fur People or Nicholas Pet Haven.
Get news sent to you!
Sign up to get our newsletters emailed to you.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- East Texas high school graduate profiles: Pine Tree senior overcomes loss, illness in family
- Longview woman jailed in fatal shooting during 'argument that turned physical'
- Pine Tree ISD updates teacher pay scale, boosts salaries
- Hidden, violent past: Projects tell story of Longview area's history of racial violence
- Shreveport man arrested after hours-long standoff on I-20 in Harrison County
- Gilmer man, 20, killed in one-vehicle crash in Upshur County
- Regal reopens Longview movie theater starting today
- Prices, demand for Longview homes rise as inventory declines
- East Texas athletes, coaches honored with Best Preps awards
- 'The adrenaline kicked in': UPS driver in right place, right time to help Longview man in burning home